Saturday, November 3, 2007
Raspberry Balsamic Chicken
Raspberry Balsamic Chicken*
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup purple onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh or 1/2 tsp.dried thyme
- 4 skinned, boneless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 4 tbls. balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle each side of chicken with equal parts of the thyme, salt and pepper.Add the chicken to skillet.
Cook chicken about 5-8 minutes, when you turn it over, add the onions
Continue cooking about 10 minutes, stirring up onions. Remove chicken to a platter, reduce heat to medium-low, add the vinegar, preserves, and salt and pepper to taste.
Stir constantly until the preserves melt. Add the chicken back until it's just cooked through
Thanks to the Food Snob