Saturday, March 8, 2008

Meatball Soup with Lovage

I saw this on The Peoples Cookbook earlier this week and decided I just had to give it a try. Although I had to wait three days for a packet of lovage from my favourite veg shop, I still attempted it.
Servings: 6-8
Level of difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
For the meatballs
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
450g lean minced beef
small bunch Lovage, finely chopped
2 tbsp ground rice
1 egg
5-6 drops Tabasco
For the soup
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1.5 litre water
3 tbsp tomato puree
2 beef stock cubes
100ml white wine vinegar
1 tsp granulated sugar
small bunch Lovage, leaves only, roughly chopped


Jeena said...

Nice post, your welcome to join the NO1 food blogging forum at

click here for jeenas food recipe cooking forum

See you there.


Irishcoda said...

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment about my Friday Feast...just wanted to let you know I read this recipe and it sounds good! I think my hubby would especially enjoy it!